Friday, August 28, 2009

Just Messing About




Well, the computer was at the doctor for a few days this week (LOL) for a check-up so it gave me the chance to finally watch my wonderful Chris Botti in Boston DVD ( I love, love, love his music) that hubby got me for my birthday. I really enjoyed it and got me in the mindset to do a little messing around with the markers just cause I could. Markers are so fun and vibrate. Granted they aren't my daughter's Crayola markers, but you still get that lovely brightness. Plus it's a fun way to mess around with an idea before you commit to it in watercolor etc.


One is of my daughter, the other is sort of a extreme make-over of a previous piece I have already done. You'll know it when you see it. It's one of those what if designs. (Especially since I've finally decided to start putting faces back on people. I'm not sure what took me so long.) Putting faces in sort of changes my medium a bit. I'll start leaning toward watercolor for a while now I think - partly because I can get the realistic yet fresh loose look I can get with markers when I paint with watercolor. And I still get to keep my bright colors, which keeps me a happy camper.


Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and feel free to post and comment.


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the pictures you posted! Absolutely beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete