Thursday, May 2, 2013

Dare to be Sassy - at the Derby!

Hi All!

It's Dare To Be Sassy Thursday with Sassy Studio Designs! Our challenge this week is the Kentucky Derby - I can't believe it's that time already. Seems like only yesterday it was winter...oh wait! It was! LOL! Now that it's finally warming up, I'm ready for the nice weather and all the things that go with it - even the allergies. One day I'd love to go to the "Run for the Roses", it's not that far from me. I make it a point to watch every year. I love to see all the fabulous hats. Besides, isn't that what it's all about?

I used My Fair Lady for my image - when I saw the theme she was the perfect pick. All I could think of was Eliza watching the race at Ascot telling Dover to "move his blooming arse!".

I colored her with Copics and decided that the white of the dress should have BV (blue-violet) shadows. This was one of my favorite outfits from the movie too so win-win!

Now it's your turn to play along with us! Create a Kentucky Derby themed project -bonus points for using Sassy Designs. Make sure you add your link to the blog post and you could win!

And they're off!

I'd like to enter Miss Doolittle in the following challenges:

Celebrate the Occasion - Anything Goes
LEJ Designs Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesday - Anything Goes
Tiddly Inks Challenge - Inspiration from a book or movie
Eureka Stamps - Black and White

Until Next Time,

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! I didn't even think of this image, she is perfection! Love your coloring as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahahaha!! Jodi, that is absolutely, hands down, one of my favorite parts of My Fair Lady! I love showing it to my students cause they are always so shocked with Eliza's contrast to the stiff upper society! :) LOVE this card too! Your coloring is fantabulous and that background is GORGEOUS!! Did you emboss it? I'm in awe...

    -Adina (Your Sassy Sis!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Jodi - this is probably one of my favourite images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jodi, this is stunning! Love the dry embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great image and love the embossed background -thanks for joining us at Lej designs
    carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant and sophisticated card, love the combination of black and white. Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again.
    Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card!!! Thanks for joining us at CTO this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank your for joining us @ Tiddly Inks for our "Book or Movie" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete