Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Bombshell Hippity Hop Baby!

It's time for the Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop! We'll be hoppin the last Wednesday of the month, so check back, it'll be something different every time! This month's hop is HUGE! We have 17 amazing stops for you to take.

On April 22, 1923, a star was born. A star that we all know. A star that, without her, Bombshell Stamps may not even exist (if I may be so presumptuous). Who is it? None other than Bettie Page. What better month to pay homage to the Pin-Up Queen herself than the month of her birth? So for this hop, I want you to give Ms. Page some love. Make a project, any type of project, using her as inspiration. There are thousands of images to view, lots of quotes she has said, and others have said about her. Here are some photos of Ms. Page.




So now that you've seen her...let's see what kind of inspiration the participants have gotten from Bettie Page! Here's my take:
I used the "Bombshell Angel" set for my "Bettie" and colored her with Copics (of course!). The print paper is Black & Kraft Zebra by Canvas Corp. I used Karen Foster "Loopy Brads" for the corset look.
This was such fun, please stop by the other hoppers and leave some love!

Mary (Sparkly Engineer)http://sparkly-train.blogspot.com/

So get hopping! You have a lot of places to go, so don't waste a moment! Let's celebrate the beautiful and inspiring woman that is Bettie Page! 

Until Next Time!Jodi ;-)

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful coloring! Her stockings look great! And I absolutely love the corset look!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW-WOW-WOW-A true hot'n'sexy card! You did real justice to Bettie!
    Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Just WOW!!!! Her legs look siiiiiick! What an insanely amazing job you did coloring them! I wish my legs looked that good! Adore the corset effect you created too. Fabulous take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing. I love the corset look. Wonderful job.

    Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous coloring and shading!!!

    I also love the card's design, especially the laced corset thang!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful your colouring is amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just super. Love the lacy stocking tops and that corset tie with those brads is brilliant as is your coloring. The red really pops with the black too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now this is so glam I love the way you've coloured your Bettie she looks like she is wearing leather. and I love the tie detail too xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, this is STUNNING!!!! LOVE the "corset" ties and your coloring is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute. The corset ties are perfect!!! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card! Absolutely gorgeous! And the corset is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. Love the way you colored her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. absolutely gorgeous. I love the way you did that corset bit. How clever are you..
    I could have sworn I hit every blog during this blog hop. But I totally missed your's. Sorry about that.
    Maybe its the best for last syndrome

    ReplyDelete